- About Us
- News and Announcements
The Wisconsin Association for College Admission Counseling (WACAC) is a non-profit organization that serves professionals who help college-bound students prepare for and make successful transitions to higher education. Our members include school-based and independent counselors, two- and four-year college admission counselors, and community-based organizations.
We are dedicated to fostering professional development, ethical practice, social responsibility, and dynamic community among our members so that they can provide high-quality college counseling to the students they serve, assuring equity and access to higher education.
Board of Directors:
- President: Ken Anselment, Lawrence University
- President-Elect: Jane Rufe, Appleton East High School
- Past-President: Adele C. Brumfield, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Chief Delegate: Adele C. Brumfield, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Secretary: Therese Helein, Appleton North High School
- Treasurer: Jeff Artero, Nicolet High School
- NACAC Assembly Delegate: Emmy Stoecklein, Cardinal Stritch University
- NACAC Assembly Delegate: Ruth Herrle, Divine Savior Holy Angels
- Executive Assistant: Gail Sahagun, Marquette University High School
- Historian: Vacant
- Admission Practices Committee. The Admission Practices Committee shall review annually the Statement of Principles of Good Practice of NACAC, the NACAC Monitoring Procedures for Statement of Principles of Good Practices, and shall determine whether to submit recommendations to the NACAC Executive Board. This committee shall also be responsible for dealing with alleged infractions as defined by NACAC guidelines.
- Governmental Relations Committee. The Governmental Relations Committee shall establish and maintain a communications network to inform WACAC members of issues evolving from the activities of other professional associations and state and federal governmental agencies; shall monitor legislative activity at the state level, and recommend relevant action to the Executive Board; and shall maintain liaison with the NACAC Coordinator of Government Relations.
Chairs: Dan Hamrin, Marquette University
- Diversity, Equity and Access Committee. The Diversity, Equity and Access Committee shall develop and implement policy recommendations which will assist in the expansion of access to postsecondary educational opportunities for those who, for reason of poverty or other experiences, have been denied options available to others.
Chair: Monica Rangle, UW-Madison
- Long-Range Planning Committee. The Long-Range Planning Committee shall function as an assessment body for future direction of the organization.
Chairs: Adele Brumfield, UW-Madison & Ken Anselment, Lawrence University
- Membership Committee. The Membership Committee shall be responsible for the membership directory and for reviewing, developing, and recommending promotional activities for membership in WACAC.
- Nomination and Awards Committee. Annually, the Nominating Committee shall be responsible for presenting a slate of nominees for election to fill vacancies on the Executive Board including delegates to NACAC. In addition the committee shall nominate members for awards and/or special recognition. The committee shall consist of at least three voting members with representation from both secondary and postsecondary levels and will be chaired by the past- president.
Chair: Adele Brumfield, UW-Madison
- Professional Relations Committee. The Professional Relations Committee shall develop and coordinate appropriate programs and activities which will contribute to the professional growth and development of individuals engaged in counseling students in the postsecondary education planning process. This committee also plans the annual conference.
- Publications Committee. The Publications Committee shall be responsible for the development and publication of a timely newsletter and other brochures, articles or publications appropriate for the membership. This committee has oversight of the website.
Chair: Emmy Stoecklein, Cardinal Stritch University
- NACAC College Fair Committee. The NACAC College Fair Committee will plan and implement the National Fair for the Milwaukee area.
Chairs: Michael McKenna, Nicolet High School
- Finance Committee. The role of the Finance Committee is to develop, recommend and implement policies approved by the WACAC Executive Board in an effort to maintain and enhance the organization's financial well-being. The Finance Committee shall be chaired by the treasurer and include the treasurer-elect, president-elect, past-president and chairperson of the Long Range Planning Committee.
- Other Duties. The Executive Board may assign other duties to any of the standing committees. The authority granted standing committees by these By-Laws and the Executive Board shall not be exercised in a manner which is inconsistent with Executive Board actions previously taken
- Other Committees. Any committee deemed necessary to implement the activities and purposes of WACAC may be appointed by the Executive Board.