New Student Specialist & Adjunct Instructor
Gateway Technical College
1. What did you study in college? Was your plan to enter the school counseling world?
2. What inspires you most about your job?
3. How has being a member of WACAC helped you?
4. What is one piece of advice you would give a new admissions counselor or high school counselor?
Give yourself some grace and time to learn your new role at your institution or high school. Your students will teach you so much about this profession and how to aid them in good and bad times during their college search and journey process. Be eager to learn, ask questions often, volunteer for extra events outside of your normal work duties, and get involved with WACAC. There are many committees and events that you can get involved within WACAC!
5. If you had to eat one meal every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza! I could eat it every day, and in the Kenosha/Racine area there are great pizza spots to try and enjoy a great piece of pizza. If you are ever visiting or working in Southeast Wisconsin, be sure to check out our great pizza spots!
6. What's an interesting fact about you that has nothing to do with admissions counseling?
I love to travel and have visited every island in the Caribbean Sea with the exception of Cuba. I hope to get there someday to visit and experience the vibrant culture there. Traveling is a way for me to escape and explore new cultures, people, food, music, and nature in our world. It brings me joy and happiness often, but I also always enjoy coming home to Wisconsin!