Hamilton High School (Sussex, WI)
1. What did you study in college? Was your plan to enter the school counseling world?
2. What inspires you most about your job?
3. What is the best part of what you do?
4. How has being a member of WACAC helped you?
6. What is one piece of advice you would give a new admissions counselor or high school counselor?
Stay positive. Our job isn't one where we get a lot of praise or thank yous. You have to look at the big picture and know that you are helping students be successful. When you get positive emails/phone calls/etc. file them away so you remember that you are making a difference on the hard days.
7. What's an interesting fact about you that has nothing to do with admissions counseling?
I do photography on the side. I have always loved taking pictures and have had an interest in cameras and editing programs. I created a website a few years ago, and while I can't spend as much time as I would like doing it, I enjoy taking family photos, newborns, and senior pictures for clients.