School Counselor, Washington Park High School
1. What did you study in college? Was your plan to enter the school counseling world?
2. What inspires you most about your job?
3. What is the best part of what you do?
4. How has being a member of WACAC helped you?
6. What is one piece of advice you would give a new admissions counselor or high school counselor?
I would tell new high school counselors to not be afraid to ask questions. I still ask my peers questions 13 years into the profession. There is so much changing information we need to know to assist parents, students, teachers and our peers. Take it all in, try to be organized, go to those counselor workshops/conferences to stay up to date (and network).
7. What's an interesting fact about you that has nothing to do with admissions counseling?
I love digital photography, especially black and white. I shoot primarily nature, landscape, architecture, and macro and street photography.